Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Rewind

For as far back as I can remember I have had a LOVE for houses and what all goes into making them beautiful.  It's fun to think back to where is all started!





Barbie's, yes, my love for designing and planning goes back to my Barbie years!  My friends and I would play for hours, rocking out to Billy Ocean and Paula Abdul in the background (I love the 80's).  Each day we would start out by picking out our furniture and taking over a corner in some room and creating that days house, weekend after weekend.  Talk about space planning at an early age!

I was recently coerced into cleaning out my mom's attic, look what I found! 






Then there was the time that, as I was riding my bike to the pool, I passed an "open house" sign in a yard.  I had to have been around 10 and had no concept of what that meant, other than the house was open from 2-4 for us to come back and see it.  I wonder what that realtor was thinking when they let a pack of 10 year old girls into a house showing, dripping wet from the pool.  Great tour though!


And finally...before there was ever such a thing called HGTV, there was Bob Villa and Hometime!  When I wasn't playing Barbie's or at the pool, I was watching how to's on how to install tile and refinish wood floors, while sketching up the floor plans of my dream house.


So when it came to college and picking a major I was fortunate to firmly know what I wanted to major in, Interior Design!  I love looking back at some of these old perspectives from my school days:



Residential Design - Beach House Project Option 1 (Bald Head Island, NC)
Residential Design - Beach House Project Option 1 (Bald Head Island, NC)
Residential Design Beach House Project Option 2 (Phuket, Thailand)
Residential Design Beach House Option 2 (Phuket, Thailand)


Commercial Design - Northwest Fresh Grocery Store

Commercial Design - Northwest Fresh Grocery Store


Institutional Design - College Of Design

Institutional Design - College of Design







No comments:

Post a Comment